Friday, November 9, 2012

Follow Me Friday (14)




Q: Do you mind books with similar ideas to other books? Similar concepts, backgrounds, retellings or pulled-to-publish fanfic?

My Answer: No I do not mind at all! In fact one of my favorite things to read is Fairytale Retellings! I personally like to read different authors takes on situations, characters, and settings that have been used over and over again. Some stories may be based around the same ideas and concepts, but no one story is the same. They all have characteristics that make them different, and that is part of the fun!





7 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way! I can't get enough of retellings and I think they're all so amazing! Great answer :)

    Here's my FF!

    ps. Your blog is so adorable!! I can't believe I haven't seen it before! I'm definitely a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! In fact, I mentioned a re-telling that I love in my FF.

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/11/feature-and-follow-25_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mind the same elements and what not either! The story is always different to me. I also LOOOOOVE fairy tale and myth retellings!! I cannot get enough of them!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank for stopping by my blog! I also am a fan of retellings!

    New follower via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fairy tale retellings for the same reason! And I really like the picture you used!
    old follower :)
    Here’s my FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also LOVE fairytale retellings! (God, I'm seeing a LOT of peeps who are like me. I thought I was the only one. I feel like I could cry. LOL)
    But when it comes to books that are not fairytales and they have the same theme and story from other books, it sucked.
    Here's my FF.
    Have a great day!
    Old follower. :)

    ReplyDelete