Friday, December 14, 2012

Follow Me Friday (16)


 
 
Q: What is the last book that made you cry? Tell us about the scene...

 
My Answer: Well just recently I have been reading a lot of books preparing for Christmas! I read When I Fall In Love by Miranda Dickerson, who I love, and I honestly cried like a baby. I don’t want to give the entire book away, but the part that made me cry was so powerful! In the beginning we find out that our main character Elsie is recovering from something that broke her heart. Of course from the start I thought that some jerk had left her and made her want to give up on love, but I was completely wrong! I read on to find out that it was the death of her husband that changed her, and the entire section where she first introduces readers to her past I was just heartbroken for her. I could feel the love that they shared and I loved her descriptions of her husband; he was someone I would've loved to be in the story. I highly recommend it to anyone!




6 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your blog design its amazing!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, you have to read Jennifer's books!!!
    I haven't read When I fall in Love, but now it just wedged a few books out of the way in my TBR list.
    New follower btw:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a tearjerker!

    New GFC follower - my FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of that one! I don't like to cry with books or movies...was crying uncontrollably when I watched Brave for the first time!

    With books, I think it's a little harder to bring on actual tears, but I have been known to get watery eyes! Which is close to the same thing even though no water actually drops onto my face!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of this one but I love a good holiday read. I'll have to check it out.

    Jenny @ Bookk Sojourner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read that one, but my heart always goes out to those lost loves!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, new GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete